Please visit the Sargent Lock Website for full product details. Most items are available within two days. We stock a fair amount of Sargent items for emergency repairs/upgrades for our local customers.
We can repair (or replace when necessary) any Sargent brand lock or panic device
When it comes to strength and durability, SARGENT continues to set standards with the 8200 Mortise lock. The 8200 far surpasses ANSI/BHMA A156.3 Series 1000 Grade 1 standards, making it the strongest and most durable mortise lock in the industry
Strength & Security
* Far Exceeds ANSI/BHMA A156.13 Series 1000 Grade 1 and Security Grade 1. Meets various higher security detention standards such as ASTM impact for latchbolt (Level 1) and deadbolt (Level 3) compoments
* Cycle Test - Exceeds 8 million cycles!
* No lever sag
* 1 piece hardened stainless steel deadbolt with 1" projection
* Stainless steel 3/4" projection one piece anti-friction reversibile latch
* Through-bolted lever trim for increased security
* Torx® and spanner screws
* Classroom and hospital security functions available
Sargent 8200 Lever Mortise Lock
SARGENT's full range of Cylindrical Locks are precision engineered to deliver security and dependablity, long-term performance in all standard, heavy duty, or extra heavy duty applications. Wide choices of styles, finishes and trims are available.
The finishes listed below are not available on all items. The most commonly stocked items are in Satin Chrome (626) Bright Brass (605) and Oil Rubbed Bronze (613) Other finish's listed are for the most part special order items and can take 4-6 week lead time.
SARGENT bored-in locks offer a complete line of both Grade 1 and Grade 2 lever and knob locks. A wide choice of styles, finishes, and trim available (some special order) Please visit the Sargent Lock website for a more comprehensive list of available Sargent Hardware.
The items below are several examples of Sargent Hardware that we sell and install on commercial buildings.
No lever sag after 8 million cycles.
The SARGENT T-Zone sets a higher standard for Grade 1 bored-in locks. The unique T-Zone construction provides unequalled strength and durability for the most demanding applications such as schools and hospitals. This is accomplished by true interlocking between the lockbody and the latch far exceeding the 156.2Series 4000 Grade 1 standards like no other lock can.
Maximum Strength & Durability
* True interlocking between the cast/ machined stainless steel lockbody and latch. Provides unequalled strength and durability
* Independent Testing proves: - Exceeds 10 TIMES ANSI/ BHMA A156.2 Grade 1 standard for cycle testing. Over 8 MILLION cycles!
* Withstands 3-1/2 TIMES ANSI/ BHMA A156.2 Grade 1 torque force on a locked lever. Over 3000 in/lbs!
* Virtually no lever sag even after 8 million cycles
* In a class of its own! This lock raises the bar and sets new standards!
* 10 Year limited warranty. No service required to maintain warranty
A perfect "10." The SARGENT 10 Line is a heavy duty cylindrical key-in-lever handle lockset exceeds by five times the ANSI 156.2 Series 4000 Grade 1 standards.
At over 4 million cycles, the 10 Line beats the competitor by 30%. As for abusive force, this lock endures more than two times the standard without allowing entry. The 10 line trim is designed to conform to national and state fire and handicapped requirements.
Best overall lock in the Grade 2 class.
Standard duty lock designed for interior and exterior applications in public buildings, medical offices, hotels/motels and government facilities.
Exceeds ANSI/BHMA A156.2 standards for cycling.
A high grade cylindrical deadbolt which meets ANSI A156.5 Grade 1 requirements.
* Fits 1-3/8" (35 mm) to 1-3/4" (44 mm) thick standard; For doors over 1-3/4" (44 mm) consult factory (2-1/4" Thick door max)
* Door Prep: Fits 161 (standard) cut outs and Fits 160 with 2-3/8" backset with 1" front and for 1-3/8" think door
* Backsets: 2-3/4" (70 mm) standard. 2-3/8" (60 mm) available (20 prefix)
* Strike: Wrought brass, bronze or stainless steel
* Bolt: Solid steel with hardened steel pin insert and nickel silver plating; 7/8" (22 mm) x 5/8" (16 mm) throw
* Cylinder: Brass, 6 pin. 2 nickel silver keys
* Masterkeying: Can be masterkeyed. Construction key system available
* Specification: Meets ANSI A156.5 Grade 1 requirements with 408 or 488 strike
* Front: Wrought brass, bronze or stainless steel 2-1/4" (64 mm) dia.; 60, 63, 64 prefix housing; brass and zinc, two piece. Concealed screws on double cylinder function
* UL/cUL Listed: UL listed to US and Canadian safety standards
* Positive pressure: Conforms to standards UL 10 C and UBC 7-2 (1997)
* 1 3/8 inch to 1 3/4 inch thick doors standard.
* Meets ANSI A156.5 Grade 1 requirements.
* 2 3/4 inch backset standard, 2 3/8 available (20 prefix).
* Solid steel bolt with hardened steel pin insert and nickel silver plating.
* Brass cylinder, 6-pin. 2 nickel silver keys.
A medium grade cylindrical deadbolt, which meets Grade 2 ANSI 156.5 1000 series specifications.
* For Doors: 1-3/4" (44 mm) to 2-3/8" (61 mm) door thickness
* Door Prep: 1-1/2" dia. (38 mm) hole standard for all functions; 2-1/8" dia. hole (161 door prep) for 474 and 475 only with adapter ring provided
* Backsets: 2-3/8" or 2-3/4" adjustable backset
* Strike: 406 Strike standard. Alternates available
* Bolt: Brass with hardened steel pin; 5/8" (16 mm) x 13/16" (21 mm) x 1" (25 mm) throw
* Cylinder: Brass, 6 pin cylinder
* Masterkeying: Can be masterkeyed. Construction key system available.
* Front: Stamped brass strike 2-1/4 " x 1" wide with filler for 1-1/8" wide
* Hand: Universal - non handed
* For Doors 1 3/4 in (44 mm) standard (For thicker doors, consult factory)
* 2-3/4 in. backset only
* Strike: 480, 3-1/2" x 1-1/8" with strike box
* Cylinder: Brass 6 pin 2 keys per lock
* Cylinder ring: 97 furnished standard, 1 KB rosette available on order
* Case: Heavy wrought steel; .093 thick, protected with a zinc dichromate finish
* Armored front: Brass, bronze, stainless steel, 4-5/8 in. x 1-1/ 8". Adjustable for flat or beveled doors (bevel adjustment 1/8", in 2 in)
* Non-handed, completely reversible
* Thumb-turn: No. 130W furnished standard
* UL/cUL Listed: Listed for use on fire doors
Sargent 4870 Mortise Deadlock
giving a nod to our old website, we had to update our Sargent page with this warning back in 2003 because we had so many customers nationwide contacting us for interconnected locksets and Sargent had like a half a year backlog on them, so while we don't know the state of the "interconnected lockset" here in 2019, we did feel like we should preserve the history of what we call "the great shortage of interconnected locksets of the millenium" presumably would coincide with a building code law going into affect at about the same time requiring these :)
(originally posted in 2003)
INTERCONNECTED LOCKS-IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you are attempting to purchase Sargent Interconnected locks for properties you might as well give up. Sargent, for some reason, can never supply these and noone in the country ever has them in stock. Your best bet is to just install a passage lock with a single cylinder deadbolt. If you are absolutely required to have a "one motion" egress style lock look into a mortise style lock, which are more expensive but more available for purchase in a timely manner.